My friend and I went to LBI this weekend to visit another friend and it was WONDERFUL!!! The water was clear and warm and the waves were large. I was only up on Saturday and Sunday because my sister got back from Europe on Friday and stayed over with me in New York.

I have one week left in New York but I don’t feel rushed to see and visit anything anymore, probably because it’s close (relatively) to Philly and State College. I also think the experience of living in New York is 90% fulfilled by simply walking around the city—there are incredible museums and parks and places that I don’t even know I want to see yet but I think there’s enough to see on my way to work or to my friend’s place that doing everything else in the eleven weeks I was here would be nearly impossible.

And while I’m sad to leave, I’m excited to get back to the familiarity of State College—it’s been a while since I’ve been back in a place I’ve known for longer than a few months. I’m excited to move in to an apartment with my best friend and to see people I haven’t seen in over a year.