Blue and White Weekend is always such a bright spot in the spring semester (which really feels like winter semester). I love seeing the alumni return with their PSU pride on full display, and this was the first year that I have known some of the individuals coming back to visit. The PLA brunch was such a unique opportunity to mingle with program alumni who have been in our shoes; it was a bit more casual and personal than our usual interactions during professional events or panels. I’m still surprised that we managed to have alumni, President Barron, Ed and Helen Hintz, Dean Johnson, and current students together in one room.

During the afternoon, I made the trek from the Nittany Lion Inn to around Medlar Field, and managed to get only a little sunburned. The excitement around Beaver Stadium provides such an exciting glimpse into the next Fall semester, sadly my last Fall semester and last football season as a student. I took a moment to stand at the top of the hill overlooking all of the tailgate mayhem before running down to greet my friends. In a couple hours, I caught up with classmates, met new people, and participated in an egg toss that attracted a large crowd.

Saturday evening, I was honored to provide music during dinner at the 20th Anniversary of the Hintz Family Alumni Center. I played for about an hour on a beautiful baby grand piano in the corner of the dining room, going through my binder of sheet music including the Beatles, flowing classical music, movie soundtracks, Frank Sinatra, and more. In high school, I would often volunteer by playing piano at charity galas and retirement homes. It was exciting to return to that kind of work, but with the purpose of giving thanks to Ed and Helen Hintz, who have provided us with so much.

Blue and White weekend provided perspective and motivation as we endure the last push through finals week, and heading into senior year.

I hope that everyone stays happy and healthy through the end of the academic year, and has lots of adventures and rewarding experiences over the summer. To the seniors – best of luck in all of your endeavors. I can’t wait to see what you achieve out in the world. Remember to come back and visit!