When I wrote my first blog, I was sitting in JFK because my dad made me leave way too early. Well, I think it makes sense to write my final blog at Arlanda airport, also extremely early. My friends and I are all on the same flight, and we were able to get our COVID test together. I am negative, by the way. We had to get our COVID test at the hotel connected to the airport, so we thought we should get here early. We were nervous the airport would be crowded because it is tourist season here. However, this was not the case. It was a ghost town.

Because we got here so early, we sat down in a cafe to relax and pass time. As we were eating a disgusting sandwich, we talked about our favorite experiences being in Sweden. One enjoyed the Drottningholm Palace, which I posted a picture at on Instagram (and you should go like it if you didn’t). Another loved Malmö, and they said they have plans to go back there. My other friend loved all the small local coffee shops and the pastries. My favorite part was hanging out with my friends in these beautiful places. We have been spending so much time with one another during our last week because we don’t know if we will see each other again. I know I will see one girl because she also goes to Penn State. My other friend attends the University of Pennsylvania, and she already made plans to come to visit during the semester. However, everyone else is so far. These are people who have made such an impression on my life. We have been living in a foreign country together and experienced things no one else would understand. Whether it was eating gelato in Sigtuna or being shouted at to get divorces on the metro. These are memories I will never forget, and they are people who I will never forget. As we are all leaving to head back to our respective states, we have hope to see each other again. Even if nothing ends up coming together, we still have these memories to cherish.