This semester I’ve begun working on my thesis. After a lengthy process of narrowing things down I have eventually decided to do an analysis of inflation in the UK since COVID. I hope to identify the main factors that contributed to inflation and tell a story of how they each contributed to one of the worst bouts of inflation in UK history. While high prices has gripped much of the global economy in the past three years, the UK had a uniquely bad experience of it relative to other developed nation, with inflation reaching double digits in 2022. I believe certain factors, such as Brexit and poor Fiscal policy such as Lizz Truss’s Mini-Budget, contributed adversely to British inflation and would like to examine further their causes and relative impacts.

So far, I am still working on creating a thorough outline that is filled-out enough to make the writing process quite easy when that begins. Once I make that outline, I should be good to start the writing-grind. My goal is to finish the thesis by Christmas so that I can chill next semester and focus on booling. Given that the due date is in April, it’s been quite hard trying to get work done over the past few weeks. The longer the time horizon, the easier it becomes to procrastinate. Fortunately, things look like they’re coming in stride this month so I hope the momentum continues.