I really believe that you cannot get the full Penn State experience without going to THON, and I had the privilege to attend again these past few amazing nights. My freshmen year, I went to THON but was not able to go to the final four. I now fully understand how special, incredibly emotion, and fun it is to be a part of the last four hours that culminate a truly life changing experience. So for my blog today I wanted to write about my first full THON experience!

The full year of fundraising and anticipation from everyone built up over the week, and I was super excited leading up to the weekend. Unfortunately, I could not do entrance plan with my organization. I am a Teaching Assistant for Wall Street Boot Camp, and our classes are on Fridays from 2:30 PM to 4:00 PM. This Friday, students learned about private equity from LLR Partners, and many of my friends also attended their coffee chats for this recruiting season. I found it fun to hear from current incoming interns here at Penn State about why they chose a different career path than what people usually take away from Wall Street Boot Camp.

When I made it to THON, I went to the AKPsi section to support our dancers and also visited the Sapphire section. The best parts of many hours in the stands were being surrounded by friends and hyping up our dancers together as they went through highs and lows. I loved dancing in our section and swaying around the big heads we made for our dancers. There were many times we had to go wild make sure they could hear us and see us jumping for them to keep the energy up. Every time Dancer Relations came out helped me with any tiredness and soreness. I wished that THON was 46 straight hours of dancing with legit rave music and visuals when we were in pain.

It was the most amazing weekend, and our THON chairs and Family Relations chairs absolutely killed it with all of the support and our total. When the captains revealed what Alpha Kappa Psi was the fourth general organization with over $100k raised, I was so happy and proud for the hard work everyone had done over the year. $16 million is absolutely out of this world, and I am so glad to be a part of such an amazing organization, philanthropy, and school.