Attending the Pennsylvania Music Educator’s Association (PMEA) Annual In-Service Conference at the Bayfront Convention Center in Erie, PA, was an incredibly rewarding experience for me as an aspiring music educator. This conference provided me with an abundance of strategies and activities to bring into my future elementary general music classroom. I particularly enjoyed sessions on interactive rhythm games and movement-based activities that seamlessly blended music and physical education. These demonstrations were not only practical and insightful but also tons of fun!

Networking was another highlight of the conference. I had the chance to connect with many experienced teachers who generously shared their insights and experiences. Their stories were both inspiring and instructive, offering both challenges and rewards of a career in music education. Additionally, meeting and exchanging ideas with fellow college students was equally enriching. I’m confident these connections will benefit me as I transition from a student to a professional educator.

Having attended previous PMEA conferences, I can confidently say this one was my favorite PMEA conference experiences. The Bayfront Convention Center was a beautiful venue, and the variety and organization of the sessions this year was particularly exceptional. The conference also showcased the importance of continuous professional development and advocacy for music education. This understanding is crucial as I prepare to enter the field and work to ensuring that music remains a vital part of the educational curriculum.

Especially as I begin my career as an educator, the PMEA conference was a significant opportunity for my professional growth. The strategies, connections, and insights I gained have shaped my teaching approach and philosophy. I am already looking forward to applying what I’ve learned to inspire and educate my future students. This experience has not only prepared me for my future career but also fueled my passion for music education, reinforcing my belief in the importance of music education to enrich students’ lives.