MMS 1-Drake’s ‘Scorpion’ on Its Way to Shattering Streaming Record

I read an article called, “Drake’s ‘Scorpion’ on Its Way to Shattering Streaming Records” by Jem Aswad. Drake recently released his brand-new album called “Scorpion” on June 29, 2018 at midnight. Just after sixteen hours after its release, Drakes album averaged 10 million streams per hour on Spotify. His album is headed in the direction toward breaking a number of streaming records, possibly becoming the first album to pass 1 billion streams in the U.S. during its first week of release.

“Scorpion” became the number 1 album on the Apple Music charts in 92 countries as soon as it was released. The record labels involved with this album include Republic, Cash Money and Young Money. They have launched a full-scale campaign to break as many streaming records as possible. Drake has gone big with Spotify, teaming up with the service for its first-ever global dedicated artist takeover, called “ScopionSZN”. This is where Drake takes over multiple playlists on the same day. On late Friday afternoon, the RIAA announced that Drake has become its top certified digital singles artist, with 142 million to date.

This article stood out to me because I am a huge Drake fan and adore his music. He is very inspirational and has been on the top charts numerous times. People from all around the world listen to his music. Several record dealers have signed Drake because he is a reliable and inspiring artist.

Whenever Drake releases a new album I instantly get excited and I immediately turn it on. Drakes music is refreshing and current. I enjoy the messages he sends throughout each song and the overall album has a meaning too. Drake can connect with others easily through his messages in his songs. For example, Drake made a music video for his hit “Gods Plan” about giving back to the community. He used ordinary common people to be featured in his music video and handed them cash for those who were struggling. This just goes to show the kind-hearted person Drake is to all.

Drake’s ‘Scorpion’ on Its Way to Shattering Streaming Records

Image result for drake