To visit the actual Penn State Chem-E Car website, go to https://sites.psu.edu/chemecar/ to learn more about what we do and how to join the team!
AIChE’s annual Chem-E-Car Competition® engages college students in designing and constructing a car powered by a chemical energy source, that will safely carry a specified load over a given distance and stop.
The competition, which involves multiple regional competitions and a final competition at the Annual Student conference, increases awareness of the chemical engineering discipline among the public, industry leaders, educators, and other students.
Check out the Competition Rules
If you’re interested in joining PSU’s Chem-E-Car team, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org now!
In order to work on the car, you must complete the Initial Laboratory Safety Training [Laboratory Safety and Laboratory Hazard Communication -> University Park Laboratory Safety (Initial)]
- Watch each video and take the quiz presented at the end
- Must get minimum 80% to pass
- Screenshot or print the certificate once you pass
- Sign up for the 30 minute review class
- Either e-mail the certificates to email@example.com or bring the certificates to the class
Last updated: August 24, 2020