Why you Should Watch My Hero Academia

Image result for my hero academia gifs

Many of us are marvel fans or even just like the thought of superheroes or a superhuman society. When I think of the superhero genre there is always one crucial anime that comes to mind, My Hero Academia. Being one of the most popular shows not only in Japan but the entire world, My Hero Academia has broken down the barriers of what superhero anime and television could be. Many U.S marvel or superhero fans do not know about this anime but I highly recommend it to anyone who loves the superhero genre or just a well put together story in general. Since this is the first new passion blog of the semester I will be providing a more brief summary of the anime, including plot and animation. Also, at the end I will provide reasons why I believe people who like the hero genre should definitely try this anime out. 

First My Hero Academia, takes place in a world where everybody has superpowers called quirks. Some quirks are better suited for superhero jobs and some not so much. However our main character Midoriya Izuku, also known as Deku, is quirkless. His dream was to become a superhero, but it was cut short due to a genetic mutation that made him unable to manifest a quirk. With his dreams crushed he gave up on his superhero dream, until he came across his hero idol who passes down a quirk to him and thus gives him powers. The show is about his journey to becoming the number 1 hero. The plot of this show is developed exceptionally well. Although the plot description I gave makes it seem like a very one dimensional cliche show however the writers do an amazing job of bringing all the characters to life and making the show have depth that is unmatched in the anime community. The story always hooks the viewer between episodes and I find myself agonizing over the wait for the next episode. The animation is also unmatched in the anime community. Animated by Studio Bones, one of the most prestigious animation studios in Japan, each scene leaves the viewer in awe at the graphics. Out of all the anime I have watched this show has some of the most consistently amazing graphics, making you never disappointed in an episode. 

Many Marvel fans fall in love with the series because of the diverse cast that the MCU has to offer with nuanced story telling that couples with beautiful cinematography. My hero academia also has all of that, the heroes in the show are all diverse with very creative super powers. The storytelling is done in a way that you never know what is next, even if the story seems cliche on paper. Also, the animation is stunning leaving viewers speechless after every episode. If you are a marvel/superhero fan or just a fan of good television My hero Academia is an Anime you must watch