RCL2: Category Entry “This I believe”

Hello, this is Alisia Lee, the owner of this blog. As a new semester started with RCL 2, my blog will have posts of different topics.

This category entry is about “This I believe.” This is basically asking for what you believe in. The belief can be any topic as religion, santa clous, or games. Thinking of what I believe in could be very complicated and difficult as you couldn’t think what you specifically believe in. I also struggled in what I believe in when I firstĀ  heard of this topic. Especially as I’m a person who doesn’t pay any attention to anything and just live a life as the water flows, not really haveing any specific belief. When I saw the “This I belive” podcast, I realized believing something doesn’t require something great, it could be a belief something that is general. Even what I think can be what I believe in.

I certainly believe that I am living a happy and a peaceful life. I never thought that I would believe this way as I always thought that I was living a miserable life. However, looking back at my short life, I happened to think my life wasn’t so bad at all! Actually it was better than I thought!

I also believe that if you think what is negative, you become negative. I truly believe in this as I, experienced this myself. I had a time so miserable, I wished the worst out of myself, I changed over time, losing who I was. I only thought about what was negative and bad. And one day, I could only think what was bad and dark. Nothing bright.

From the passion blog, I am planning to change my topic from introducing musicals to introducing interesting stories from the show program from “Surprise.” I enjoy this show as it always tells interesting stories and legends from around the world. Or I may post about iconic Kpop music videos and songs as Kpop is no longer limited in Asia, and simply as I love it.

For the Civic Issues Blog topic, I do have several topics that I would love to discuss about. For two ideas that I would want to post the most is that ‘education today is not helpful for students’, and ‘rights would be only earned and not given’.

As a student myself, I strongly felt that today’s educaiton is unhelpful for students for future use. I would prefer the education to be more realistic, rather than expecting students to learn hard math and English that won’t even be used in anything unless you’re going to major in it.

Also, I feel that people today do not realize there is always a conciquence from what they request. Even rights cannot come without anything. But people are forgetting that, and just expecting that their rights are given without conciquences. Even though those people aren’t doing any action to fulfill such costs, they are just sitting and asking the government to do that will only benefit themselves. This is not the purpose for freedom and rights to be used selfishly. This is the two most topics that I am very interested in to dicuss in my blog in the future.

Hope you enjoy my blog, and this was my category entry.