Micro-Meals of the Week
With Michelle Thompson
Bringing you ways to eat like an adult, without having to actually cook like one.
Whether you’re living in the dorms for the first time and are already sick of Port Sky food, don’t have a stove top or oven in your apartment, or you’re just plain lazy… it’s always helpful to have a list of recipes that require nothing but the power of heat-producing, radio wave-agitated water molecules (aka a microwave) in your back pocket. ?? I, Michelle Thompson, am going to help you with that list.
This week’s recipe: Microwaveable Pasta
Throw out those nasty microwaveable noodle meals drowning in sodium and sadness. Believe it or not, you can actually boil regular pasta– well, some kinds– without a big pot or stovetop! Just follow these simple steps.
- Fill a microwave-safe bowl ¾ of the way with water
- Dump in your choice of small pasta (ravioli, penne, tortellini, rotini)
- Microwave for 3-4 minutes
- Drain water with a pasta strainer if you have it, or just put a paper plate over the bowl and dump out the water (be careful not to burn yourself!)
- Throw some parmesan cheese on those suckers and you’re ready to enjoy!!
- If you really want to get fancy, nuke some frozen meatballs and pasta sauce for a minute or so and you’ve got yourself a classic Italian meal for one.
- That’s right, just one single serving for one single person.
- Who cares that your roommate already has a whole squad of friends but didn’t invite you out with them for the third night in a row when you have pasta this good, right!?…
Yikes. Anyway, tune in next time for another micro-meal recipe and enjoy the rest of your week!!