Super Bowl LV play wows audience

Welcome Back to Nittany Lions Sports World. This week’s topic is on Super Bowl LV and the featured halftime performance by The Weekend. 

As most of you know February 7, 2021 was a big day for sports’ fans across the world. That reason being was the annual Super Bowl game occurred. The Super Bowl was created to showcase the champions of The National Football League. 

During the season, all 32 teams apart from the National Football Conference (NFC) and the American Football Conference (AFC) compete to make it into the postseason. The postseason is essentially a fourteen-team single-elimination tournament where seven teams are then selected from each conference. The teams are seeded according to overall record throughout the regular season.

Every Super Bowl is represented by roman numerals. This years’ Super Bowl was considered Super Bowl 55 which is represented in roman numerals as LV. 

Super Bowl LV determined the champions of the 2020 NFL season between the Kansas City Chiefs and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, Florida. 

This years’ Super Bowl attendance was limited to 22,000 due to the Covid-19 pandemic. The NFL had invited 7,500 vaccinated health care workers to the Super Bowl for free. 

Tampa Bay Buccaneers won Super Bowl LV with a score of 31-9 against the Chiefs. 

If I am being honest I am not a huge NFL fan. Even though I don’t particularly watch the NFL all that much I still tune in and watch the big Super Bowl game of the year. Watching the Super Bowl, I am able to see the game performance of the two biggest teams in the league as well as players who are considered an “All time great” of their years. 

With my limited knowledge on the NFL, the Chiefs, and the Buccaneers I chose Brady and the Buccaneers winning over Patrick Mahomes and the Chief solely because Brady is considered a “hero” and “the goat” and it would be hard to cheer against Brady and everything he has accomplished. 

Quarter-by-Quarter Stats:

First Quarter: Buccaneers 7, Chiefs, 3 

Second Quarter: Buccaneers 21, Chiefs 6

Third Quarter: Buccaneers 31, Chiefs 9  

Final: Buccaneers 31, Chiefs 9

Notable players to mention include Quarterback Tom Brady and Tight End Rob Gronkowski. 

Brady and Gronkowski set the postseason record of quarterback-to-receiver combinations in NFL history. 

Brady: 21-for-29 for 201 yards and three touchdowns all in the first half. 

Gronkowski: Six receptions for 67 yards and two touchdowns.