March 13, 2019

Staff Advisory Council
Wednesday, March 13, 2019 | 202 Eiche | 10:00 a.m.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

ATTENDANCE

Present: June Aiken, Michele Bettwy, Sue Dodson, Toni Feret, Debbie Flaig, Michele Bettwy, Donovin Lindsay, Rebecca Moran, Dave McGreal

Absent: Essie Auker, Debbie Burroughs, Jeff Covino, Scott Kelly, Billie Lewis, Rikki Pentland, Russell Pentland

Guests: Drew McGhee
_____________________________________________________________________________________

MINUTES

Call to Order:
Meeting was called to order at 10:05 a.m. by Chair Debbie Flaig.

Meeting Minutes Approval:
January 16 meeting was cancelled; no minutes to approve.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

OLD BUSINESS

1. All Staff Retreat Rebecca Moran, Past Chair
Rebecca reported that the All Staff Retreat Committee has planned this year’s event for Wednesday, May 15. The keynote speaker will be Tammy Miller who is planning a motivational talk and Brain Aerobic exercise. There will be fun, interactive sessions planned. As with last year, morning attendees will have breakfast at Port Sky Café and afternoon attendees will have lunch. The Internationalization committee is hoping to host another workshop like last year.

2. Elections Rebecca Moran, Past Chair
Elections will go out in early April for new members. Rebecca reminded the group that we will need a Chair, a Chair-elect, and secretary. The group broke into discussion of the bylaws and what we can do to assist with the membership process. Among the options: changing the size of the council? Changing/removing term limits? One suggestion shared was to reach out to new staff to tell them about SAC and encourage membership.

Rebecca will double-check members’ statuses for exempt/non-exempt changes. Debbie Burroughs has resigned from the committee and may be replaced with the new batch of members.

3. Salute a Champion Debbie Flaig, Chair
November 2018
Sue Dodson
Brigid Sheedy

December 2018
Michele Bettwy

January 2019
Maria Mosely
Erin McConnell
Jason Vogel
Jeff Reid
Jenn Phillips
Michelle Mock
Shannon Harpster
Laurie Porter

NEW BUSINESS

Drew McGhee joined the meeting to discuss difficulties that OIT is having with finding out who new hires are when they join the campus. In the past, HR was able to provide a list of individuals who accepted an offer of employment. At that time, they were not yet PSU employees. HR is unable to provide this list (or a list of hires after they’ve accepted their offer.) Currently, when new faculty is assigned an administrative assistant, the assistant begins the process of arranging things. They can start arranging for equipment, but no phone or voicemail can be assigned until the new hire has a university ID.

The preference is that there is a single point of contact for arranging new equipment. The group agreed that Chancellor’s Council should be made aware of this issue. Debbie will reach out to the Chancellor.

Debbie also plans to invite Cherrie Henry to our next meeting. She has asked that members submit any questions to her for Cherrie.

It was suggested that the group form an onboarding sub-committee to pull together information or an online resource. Debbie to meet with Michele and Sue to discuss the materials they’ve currently pulled together for onboarding. Debbie will also meet with Lori to discuss hiring/transfer/leaving processes on campus.

ANNOUNCEMENTS:

Due to the All-Staff Conference, SAC’s next meeting will be held on Wednesday, May 8, 2019, at 10 a.m. in 202 Eiche.

 

Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed