The Penn State Altoona Honors Program provides talented and motivated students with learning experiences that prepare them to think critically and develop new knowledge throughout their lives.
Criteria for Admission for current students: Full-time students must have an earned GPA of 3.5. Part-time students must have earned a minimum of 30 credits with a GPA of 3.5.
Criteria for Retention: an overall GPA of 3.33 and completion of on average one Honors Section or Honors option per semester.
- Challenging and exciting coursework that will appear as Honors credits on your academic record
- Field trips to places such as the Washington D.C., New York City, and the Flight 93 National Memorial
- Special academic seminars, arts events, and social gatherings
- Priority class registration
- Special Study Abroad benefits: Honors Students are given $500 toward any of the Altoona programs
- The Presidential Scholarship (first and second year students) and the Penn State Altoona Honors Scholarship (third and fourth year students). Both are competitive awards amounting to about $1,000 for the school year.
- Fall Achievement Awards (about $100, awarded each spring to 20 or so students)