In 1855, the Pennsylvania Legislature chartered a new institution in the Commonwealth to be known as Farmers’ High School. Four years later, in 1859, a class of sixty-nine students entered the portals of FHS, totally unaware that one day their school would be the largest educational institution of its kind in the state. During more than a century of evolution, Farmers’ High School became the Agriculture College of Pennsylvania; then the Pennsylvania State College; and finally in 1953, The Pennsylvania State University. The University today is the twelfth largest in the United States with a University Park Campus enrollment of more than 40,000 and another 34,000 at twelve Commonwealth College Campuses and stand-alone colleges at Penn State Abington; Penn State Altoona; Penn State Erie, The Behrend College; Penn State Lehigh Valley; Penn State Berks; and Penn State Harrisburg and Penn State Schuylkill, both of which are locations of the Capital College. Graduate centers are located at University Park, Penn State Great Valley, and Penn State Harrisburg, which also offer upper-level (fifth – eighth semester) undergraduate study. The University’s College of Medicine is located in Hershey and The Dickinson School of Law of The Pennsylvania State University is located in Carlisle.