Rebuilding Ukraine

Original Article Title:

Ukraine: Heritage buildings, if destroyed, can be rebuilt but never replaced

https://theconversation.com/ukraine-heritage-buildings-if-destroyed-can-be-rebuilt-but-never-replaced-179148

After attacks on Ukraine took place this past month, Professor Gauvin Alexander Bailey  wrote an article about efforts to rebuild Ukraine and the important historical structures that lie within it.  Bailey, as well as many other Ukraine citizens, recognize that even though certain buildings can be rebuilt, many will not be restored exactly the same, thus hurting their sentimental value,

Wood Church in Ukraine

Many structures that have been destroyed are places of worship, such as the 11th-century cathedral of St. Sophia in Kyiv. Ukraine is also known for its wooden churches, and many of them have also been destroyed during conflict, resulting in the loss of original architecture and materials. These places of worship will never be the same, even after attempts in making the repairs due to the meaning they hold to Ukraine citizens.

In relevance to Curtin Village at Eagle Iron Works, this story is a harsh reality that shows what could happen to historic buildings in America if conflicts continue. Having such a crisis happen at Curtin would wipe away years of effort of its current caretakers attempts of preserving Curtin’s family history.

After reading this story, I would say that it is mostly negative but holds a positive light. Yes, things are bad in Ukraine, and rebuilding is painful but, it is the only hope present for the citizen’s lives to go back to some normalcy. If I was the PR person in charge, I think the audience for this story would be mostly people of Ukraine but also supporters of Ukraine, like America.

For this particular story, there isn’t really a specific brand present, but I believe that as a country, Ukraine and the author can be shown as admiral in this situation, because they really care about their history. I also thought of the words hopeful and empathetic while reading this article.

Looking back from what this article taught me, I think that our client should consider finding more ways to preserve important history from the Curtin property incase a crisis like this would happen in America. I think it would benefit them to update their website with important history to improve the longevity about what is known about Curtin Mansion, as well as the people who lived there.

Moving forward, most people don’t enjoy crisis such as war or other conflicts, but it is important to encapsulate history in any way possible during these events to ensure future generations can also learn from the past.