Paradigm Shift: Acting of Age
Interest: I am interested in this topic because it is concerning and has continued to grow as an issue. Children are getting younger and younger when you see that they start to care more about self image and when they start experimenting with drugs, drinking, and sexuality. It also interests me because I have two younger sisters and a younger brother and it worries me that they will fall victim to this change and not have the worries of a child like I did when I was younger.
- The facts are that children are experimenting and becoming obsessed with self image at younger and younger ages than they used to.
- There is a problem because this will affect youth health and development and it will also affect youth mental states as well.
- In terms of beauty and body obsession it started with media and it is caused by the constant change in media and what is considered perfect or beautiful. In terms of partying and experimenting it most likely started through watching older siblings or through media glorifying the subject. It is continued to be caused by peer pressure and media influences as well.
- The change in attitudes in the media and in the amount of peer pressure has begun to affect and change the attitudes of youth.
- It can be changed but in order to do so the media needs to change and be held accountable for their part in this shift.
- The nature of this problem is adolescent behavior and the changes occurring within the attitudes of them.
- The exact problem is the increasing of age acting and the decrease in which this is occurring at.
- The kind of problem this is concerned with is youth and media culture.
- The parts are family, media, and other youth and they all go hand in hand in creating a certain idea in which youth are supposed to or is the cool way of thinking.
- This shift is a very bad shift.
- The problem continues to get more serious as the ages continue to drop because it affects mental and physical health.
- This issue affects anyone from individuals to families to alcohol companies and contraceptive companies as well. Pretty much everyone is involved in this issue in some form.
- If we don’t do anything about this problem the ages continue to drop and we see more and more detrimental affects on youth and youth attitudes.
- The costs of solving this problem more affects companies that are gaining from this issue such as alcohol distributors.
- Action should definitely be taken.
- Parents, schools, companies, and social media, and media in general should all help in solving this problem.
- Kids should go back to acting their age and to stop worrying and trying things they shouldn’t be worried about is what should be done.