My Suggestions

Sadly this is our last passion blog post. This week instead of giving you a summary of a musical, I would like to give you some suggestions. Tip: If you want to watch a Broadway musical on YouTube just look up slime tutorials.

• Phantom of the Opera – a classic honestly, they are going to put their performance on YouTube (The Shows Must Go On), I highly recommend it for the music
  • Burlesque – this movie musical stars Cher and Christina Aguilera
  • Hairspray – Baltimore set during the times of the civil rights movement, watch the newer one with Zac Efron
  • Mamma Mia – a girl finds out she has three dads and her mom is Meryl Streep
  • Little Shop Of Horrors – this is a great musical if you like plants
  • Grease – the looks in this movie musical are just top notch, my friends and I dressed as greasers for spirit day at school
  • Singing in the Rain – I loveee this musical, the portrayal of the friendships is just so great
  • Mary Poppins – another classic, Disney did a great job and Lin Manuel Miranda is in the sequel
  • The Rocky Horror Picture Show – a Halloween favorite of mine, it’s different than most movie musicals but it has a cult following
  • Spring Awakening – perfect for if you want to see some Glee characters again
  • An American in Paris – I actually was able to watch this on Broadway, it was a little confusing but overall a fun show to watch
  • Cats – Cats the Broadway show is much better than Cats the movie
  • Mean Girls – it’s Mean Girls what else do I have to say
  • Come From Away – a friend of mine recommended this to you
  • Matilda – everyone knows Matilda, the musical just adds music
  • Spongebob Squarepants – a fun time, very energetic
  • Lion King – my best friend saw the Lion King and loved it so
  • Aladdin – Aladdin is basically Robin Hood
  • The Little Mermaid – Ariel just reallyyyy wants to have feet
  • Annie – a sweet story about a little girl getting adopted
    • I was in the Jr. Production of the last three when I was in middle school, I may be a bit bias

It was nice sharing my love of musicals with you all! I hope some of you have found a new view about musicals, if not that’s okay too.

Yes, That’s My Name in Black and White Maybe I’m Doing Something Right

So I love Legally Blonde, I love the story it tells and I would love to see the musical. The 2007 musical is based on the 2001 movie.

LegallyBlondeTheMusical.jpg

If you haven’t watched this movie, it is about a bubbly, kind, sorority girl Elle Woods, the president of Delta Nu, who leaves UCLA to go to Harvard to follow the love of her life.

Omigod You Guys – we begin right in the middle of the action, the girls of Delta Nu sing about how Elle and her boyfriend Warner are the best couple; everyone assumes that Warner will be proposing to Elle; the lyrics in this song really play into dumb blonde/sorority girl stereotypes; they all go to find a perfect getting engaged dress; it is at the store where the audience finds out that Elle is very smart when it comes to clothes, knowing that an employee is trying to sell her an old season’s dress for this season’s price

Serious – Elle and Warner are at dinner, Elle is expecting Warner to propose because he says he has something to tell her; Warner believes that Elle knows what he is going to say which shows just how little they actually know about each other; Warner begins to tell Elle that his life is all planned out so he needs to be more serious, and ends up telling her that to do so he needs to break up with her; Warner tells Elle that he needs someone who is more like Jackie Kennedy than Marilyn Monroe

What You Want – the other girls of Delta Nu take magazines to Elle because she has locked herself in her room; Elle sees a picture of Warner’s brother and his wife on a cover of a magazine and she thinks this is what Warner wants; Elle decides she’ll go to law school to meet Warner but she is doubted by everyone around her; her friends help her study for her LSAT and instead of writing a personal letter they all go to perform in front of the Harvard admissions board

What You Want | Legally Blonde the musical Wiki | Fandom

The Harvard Variations – Emmett is showing around a group of recent Harvard admissions, they all share what they have done as an undergrad and seem very different from what we have seen of Elle; Elle and the rest of the group head off to class which happens to be with Warner; Elle pretends to be shocked when she sees Warner

Blood in the Water – this song plays on the saying that lawyers are sharks; Elle’s law professor, Mr. Callahan, describes that you can only be the best lawyer if you are willing to put your morals aside to win the case; he picks on Elle to discuss the readings which she did not do, she is thrown out of class on her first day

Positive – Elle finds out that Warner is dating another girl named Vivienne; she imagines her sorority sisters in a Greek choir giving her advice ranging from fighting Vivienne to giving Warner a lap dance; Elle doesn’t want to do that though, instead she said she wants to dye her hair brown so people won’t see her as just a blonde

Legally Blonde: Positive | Legally blonde, Musical theatre, West end

Ireland – Elle goes to a hair salon to get her hair dyed but the owner, Paulette, doesn’t let her; Elle tells her about Vivienne and Warner; Paulette tells Elle that she shouldn’t change herself for a man

Ireland (reprise) – Vivienne is at the hair salon making plans with another student; she invites Elle and tell her it’s a costume party; Paulette convinces Elle to go

Serious (reprise) – the party turns out not to be a costume party but Elle is dressed as a playboy bunny; she still tries to win over Warner but he does not want to relive his years at UCLA

Laurence O'Keefe & Nell Benjamin – Chip On My Shoulder Lyrics ...

Chip on My Shoulder – Elle runs into Emmett after leaving the party and they get to learn more about each other; Elle decides that she wants to start studying seriously and Emmett helps her; the song goes through Thanksgiving and Christmas with Elle learning more and more; the song ends at a mock trial in their class, where she wins their case; Elle applied for an internship, her resume on pink perfumed paper showing that she doesn’t need to change who she is; Emmett is proud of how far Elle has come

So Much Better – Warner proposes to Vivienne which upsets Elle until Emmett shows her that she has been picked for the internship; Elle acknowledging that Warner doesn’t want her says that she looks forward to working with him; she celebrates, Elle enjoys that she is being accepted by her classmates now

Whipped Into Shape – the internship is a case defending Brooke, a disk workout instructor and a former Delta Nu; Brooke is being accused of killing her husband but claims she didn’t do it; because she is a former Delta Nu, Elle believes her; Elle gets her alibi promising not to tell anyone else, winning the trust of her client

Erika Heynatz - Whipped into shape | Artist Profiles

Take It Like a Man – grateful for all the help Emmett has given her, Elle takes him shopping; Emmett realizes that he would do anything for her and Elle realizes she wouldn’t change him to be more like her even if she wanted to; poor Emmett goes in for a kiss but gets a hug instead

Bend and Snap – the iconic bend and snap; Paulette likes the guy that makes deliveries, Kyle, but doesn’t think he’ll notice her; Elle and the Greek Choir get the whole salon to do the bend and snap with them; Paulette gains confidence and attempts to bend and snap in front of Kyle but ends up injuring him

There! Right There! – Elle is at her internship trial where Brooke is accused of having an affair with the pool boy; Elle bends and snaps, but he shows no reaction so Elle believes that he is gay; the whole courtroom is then wondering whether he is gay or just European; Emmett, trusting Elle, tries to get the pool boy, Nikos, to confess that he is gay; Emmett asks questions quickly and Nikos admits to have a boyfriend which he promptly changes to best friend; Nikos boyfriend, Carlos doesn’t want him to lie anymore so he tells the courtroom that he is gay and European

Photo Flash: First Look at Laura Bell Bundy-Helmed LEGALLY BLONDE ...

While they are finishing celebrating this part of the trial, Mr. Callahan asks Elle to stay behind. That is when Elle learns that she was only picked for her looks, and Mr. Callahan kisses her.

Legally Blonde – Elle realizes that she only made it this far because of her looks; she decides to leave it all behind and go back to UCLA even though she enjoys her time at Harvard and will miss Emmett; Elle says she will go back to being the peppy blonde she’s always been, never dreaming too big or reaching too far; Emmett is upset and wants Elle to stay, she became the best part of Harvard and Emmett had fallen in love with her

Legally Blonde (remix) – Elle goes to say goodbye to Paulette, where she runs into Vivienne who tries to convince her to stay; Vivienne admires Elle for not changing who she was; Elle decides to stay but instead of wearing her usual navy blue suits she puts on a bright pink one; Brooke fires Callahan and hires Elle

Find My Way – she wins the trial and Warner later tries to propose, Vivienne having dumped him; Elle is flattered but says no; we flash forward to their graduation ceremony where Elle is the valedictorian; Vivienne is training for the Peace Corps; Warner is in modeling; Callahan’s wife hired Emmett for their divorce; Paulette married Kyle; at the end of Elle’s speech she proposes to Emmett

You Are Fabulous, Darling. GIF | Gfycat