Final Presentation: Final Rendered Walkthrough Animation and Still Lives

I completed an interior design of a 2-story house which is as much functional and convenient, as aesthetically pleasing and also represents optimization of space. I created floor plans of an entire house in AutoCAD 2017, made sketches of different rooms in SketchUp Pro 2018, and modeled the final product of an interior space of the kitchen/dining/living area in 3Ds Max 2018.

The project took an entire semester. Not only I learned how to use these multiple softwares, but also learned a lot about interior design concepts in general. The project is described step-by-step in my previous blog posts.

The RAM sequence created and saved through 3Ds Max actually was not of the best quality so I uploaded an image sequence in Premier Pro and added the title text. The final rendered animation is presented in YouTube and takes 28 seconds. Please make sure you set up a max video quality of 720p. Otherwise, by default YouTube makes it a very poor quality animation.

These are the still lives (photo realistic renderings) of my final scene which present different lighting (also rendered at different quality and using different render engines).

1. Daylight. Autodesk Raytracer. 3000 x 2000 px

2. Night time. Autodesk Raytracer. Some lights are on. 1280 × 720 px

3. Night time. Autodesk Raytracer. All lights are on. 3000 x 2000 px

4. Draft quality night time image. Quicksilver Hardware Renderer. 256 iterations. 1920 × 1080 px

Creating Architectural Walkthrough of My Scene: Final Animation Rendering Process

To render an animation I saved out to an image sequence. I was still using ART renderer. Everything was done through Render Setup Menu. The main things that needed my attention are encircled in red in the following screenshot.

I created 250 individual JPEG files, one for each frame – from …/walkthrough_0001.jpeg through …/walkthrough_0250.jpeg.

Since I set the time for each frame = 10 min (and ~25dB quality), I could render 6 frames per hour. So the entire process took over 40 hours. I was praying my computer wouldn’t die.

Then, I played an image sequence using RAM player where I loaded those 250 frames which allowed me to play them back in real time.