RCL: Bumper Sticker

This bumper sticker above that says “The problem with POLITICAL JOKES is they GET ELECTED.” This is a very relevant sticker in today’s society especially with the presidential election coming up. It seems to be a pattern that neither party is ever satisfied and there is this run-on of expectations you’re supposed to meet when you become apart of a political party. There are many different political campaign posters and stickers that are supposed to make the other look bad, but this sticker could be for anyone.

At first, when you look at the sticker it might make you laugh but if you think about it, it is a very serious matter. Many people have said that these last 4 years Trump has been elected has been a circus. This sticker is saying that he himself is a political joke but he still gets elected which is a problem. The bumber sticker appeals to the logical argument that we are not hiring the proper politicians for the jobs that are available.

There is a deeper meanign to this phrase though. It is short and funny but it is also a very big issue that we have been running into for years. This leads to the commonplace that our system is flawed and needs change. This bumber sticker could be for anyone that has ties to politics.

Since the sticker could be used for many different people, I believe the sticker compels a very good message that is in fact true. It doesn’t’t matter which party you belong to, there have been and still are people get get elected when there are better options. Logically for me when I read the sticker my first thought is Donald Trump

Donald Trump has proven to many people that he is in fact a “joke” of a president but still got elected to be president in the 2016 election. Some people like Donald Trump and would say that the message is for Hillori Clinton. Either way, you are entitled to your own opinion, but I believe everyone can agree with me hiring “political jokes” is a problem that needs to be fixed.

Posted in RCL

3 thoughts on “RCL: Bumper Sticker

1. This is totally an example of the saying that there is no such thing as bad publicity. By being a joke, a candidate is able to reach audiences that aren’t usually interested in politics.

2. What changes do you think we can make in order to not electing candidates people think as of a joke?