RCL: This I Believe

This I Believe: Endurance is Key to Success

The goal of this essay is to convey how having endurance can help you be successful despite how rough the situations may be. I will be sharing three different personal stories that I have that show that having endurance can help you be successful.

The first story will be about the time that I tore my right ACL playing soccer when I was a junior in high school. It was the first major injury I had ever had and it was devastating. It wasn’t until halfway through my recovery that I realized that I needed to keep my head up and keep pushing if I wanted to get back to being as healthy as I was.

A little over a year after tearing my right ACL, my senior year I tore my left ACL playing basketball. All the dreams I had ever had about playing basketball in college were ruined and I was at my lowest mentally during the time. It was very hard to find any motivation to want to keep going and get better because I was done playing sports so there was nothing to look forward to. Having endurance helped me get through physical therapy and helped me walk and run again!

Finally, when I was 15 my dad passed away. It was the worst news that I could have ever received and I didn’t think that I would ever be able to move forward. I had zero motivation to have a healthy lifestyle. Having endurance helped me power through at the time and has gotten me to where I am today.

This essay is made persuade people to live with endurance especially when times are rough because you will be successful. Being able to push through obstacles to get to where you want to be without letting anything get in your way is how you can be successful.

Posted in RCL