Available in 2017, an online Masters of Professional Studies in Applied Demography will be offered. All credits approved as part of the Graduate Certificate are transferable to the M.P.S. program. This program will allow anyone interested in learning applied demography methods and techniques from anyplace in the world to do it.
The courses will be as follows:
Required Courses (12 credits, 3 credits each)
- Principles of Demography
- Demographic Methods
- Applied Demography, Data and GIS
- Applied Demography in Practice
Elective Courses (15 credits)
- Program Electives (9 credit minimum, 3 credits each course)
- Business Demography
- Public Sector Demography
- Applied Demography and Health
- Special Topics in Applied Demography
- Spatial Demography
More information about the Program Electives can be accessed here.
- External Electives (up to 6 credits)
- Community & Economic Development
- Population, Land Use, and Municipal Finance
- GIS for Emergency Management
- Healthcare Marketing
- Policy Analysis & Planning
- Policy Making and Evaluation
- Regression Methods
- Applied Multivariate Statistical Analysis
- Applied Research Methods
Capstone Project (3 credits, Required)
The Capstone Project will provide students with an opportunity to apply their knowledge of applied demography to a research project. The topic and exact form of the project will be determined by the student in previous consultation with his/her faculty adviser.
More information about capstone projects can be accessed here.
For more information, please contact Dr. Stephen A. Matthews or Dr. Nicolás Sacco (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)