The Advisory Board for the Applied Demography Program is appointed by the Department of Sociology and Criminology based on the suggestions of the faculty. They main purpose of this body is to provide guidance about future directions for our program and to discuss how we can better serve applied demographers around the world. We expect the Advisory Board to meet on Fall 2017.
Pennsylvania State University (5 members)
- Dr. Alexis R. Santos, Director of Graduate Studies, Applied Demography
- Dr. Stephen Matthews, Director of Graduate Studies, Demography
- Dr. Eric Baumer, Chair, Department of Sociology and Criminology
- Dr. Gordon DeJong, Distinguished and Emeritus Professor of Sociology and Demography
- Dr. Avis Kunz, College of the Liberal Arts
External members – Applied Demographers – (4 members)
- Dr. Peter Morison (Morrison & Associates, Inc and Retiree from RAND Corporation).
- Dr. David Swanson (University of California, Riverside)
- Beth Jarosz (Population Reference Bureau)
- Sue Copella (Pennsylvania Data Center and Penn State Harrisburg)
Alumni Applied Demographers (1 member)
- Dr. Eric Jensen (U.S. Census Bureau)