Thesis #1: Urban wildlife is not a nuisance to exterminate; it is an opportunity for intricate and responsive design.
U.S. Forest Service: http://www.fs.fed.us/research/docs/urban/urban-wildlife.pdf
Leedy, Daniel L.: http://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=mdp.39015086433680
Brenneisen, Stephan: http://www.urbanhabitats.org/v04n01/wildlife_full.html
American Society of Landscape Architects: http://www.asla.org/sustainablelandscapes/Vid_Wildlife.html
Thesis #2: For the sake of being economically and ecologically sound, regulations on urban produce farming need to be reconsidered.
1. American Society of Landscape Architects: http://www.asla.org/sustainablelandscapes/Vid_UrbanAg.html
United States Department of Agriculture: https://afsic.nal.usda.gov/farms-and-community/urban-agriculture
Heiselmann, Phil: http://www.urbanaglaw.org/food-ag-and-health/
Five Borough Farm: http://www.fiveboroughfarm.org/urban-agriculture/
Thesis #3: The social discussion of urban homelessness is an area architects have the ability and even responsibility to participate.
- Making sense of urban theory by: Michael Dear https://books.google.com/books?hl=en&lr=&id=IQhzAwAAQBAJ&oi=fnd&pg=PP1&dq=urban+homelessness&ots=9KPJogu_ZV&sig=5cYw_gZk0FoGa7GJJdVUfQmiydM#v=onepage&q=urban%20homelessness&f=false
- Body, Memory, and Architecture by: KC Bloomer https://books.google.com/books?hl=en&lr=&id=riVjgRj6yygC&oi=fnd&pg=PR9&dq=architecture+in+small+places&ots=t7XnZfif0A&sig=o20ogZLEWPKSMqh-mfpM2yUEhxQ#v=onepage&q=architecture%20in%20small%20places&f=false
- Toward an Architecture of Place: Moving Beyond Iconic to Extraordinary http://www.pps.org/reference/toward-an-architecture-of-place-moving-beyond-iconic-to-extraordinary/
- Architecture to Combat Homelessness by: Matt Shaw http://architizer.com/blog/utah-homelessness/
- Levitt Bernstein’s Pop-Up HAWSE Proposal Transforms London’s Unused Garages into Temporary Housing by: David Cole
- Design for Homeless Shelter in San Luis Obispo Awarded by: Tim Winstanley http://www.archdaily.com/195063/design-for-homeless-shelter-in-san-luis-obispo-awarded
Thesis #4: Lack of uniqueness in architecture has been determined by modernism and the idea that everything has to follow a certain process and has to look in a certain way.
- http://www.preservationnation.org/magazine/2008/may-june/what-is-modernism.html by: National Trust of Historic Preservation
- Sanctioning Modernism: Architecture and the making of postwar identities by: Kulic, Vladimir; Parker, Timothy. (book located in the Architecture and Landscape Architecture Library).
- Preservation of Modern Architecture by: Theodore H.M Prudon (article) https://www.uta.edu/architecture/_downloads/prudon/Prudon_lecture.pdf
- The New Paradigm in Architecture: the language of post modernism https://books.google.com/books?hl=en&lr=&id=20bkru0gzCMC&oi=fnd&pg=PA52&dq=modernism+in+architecture&ots=yvLWmUk9lQ&sig=sGvjid2lshd4X_OQV_M7LunGpt8#v=onepage&q=modernism%20in%20architecture&f=false
- Planning through debate: the communicative turn in planning theory by: Patsy Healey http://online.liverpooluniversitypress.co.uk/doi/abs/10.3828/tpr.63.2.422×602303814821?journalCode=tpr
- Modernism and the posthumanist subject by: K. Michael Hays https://books.google.com/books?hl=en&lr=&id=mXoEYiTf8EMC&oi=fnd&pg=PP11&dq=modernism+in+architecture&ots=xW0It8asO4&sig=qrIp5U1dIdfH2vOlK4hzD5G1JFU#v=onepage&q=modernism%20in%20architecture&f=false
Thesis #5: Planning is essential in the development of vital communities in order to promote sustainable economic development, clean energy and elimination of poverty.
- Architecture, Building and Planning https://www.tue.nl/en/university/departments/built-environment/education/graduate-program-built-environment/architecture-building-and-planning/
- Towards an autonomous, humanoid, and dynamically walking robot: Modeling, optimal trajectory planning, hardware architecture, and experiments https://www.sim.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de/publ/download/2003-Humanoids-Buss-etal.pdf
- Creative Cities and Economic Development by: Peter Hall (article found in google scholar) pdf
- Microorganisms and clean energy by: Timothy J. Donohue and Richard J. Cogdell http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2605648/
- The Changing Aid Architecture: Can Global Initiatives Eradicate Poverty? By: Uma Lele, Nafis Sadik, Adele Simmons. http://www.oecd.org/dac/37034781.pdf
- Economy and Architecture by: Julia Odgers, MHairi McVicar and Stephen Kite https://books.google.com/books?hl=en&lr=&id=HvksCgAAQBAJ&oi=fnd&pg=PP1&dq=economy+and+architecture&ots=Ry6Va7Qsyk&sig=Ff5AXUBDT1v_iBtZGPn94X7MFWg#v=onepage&q=economy%20and%20architecture&f=false