Due: Sunday, August 30th @ 9pm, uploaded to ANGEL
Your writing for this semester will be for a specific architectural audience. The purpose of this “Audience Pecha Kucha” assignment is for you to more deeply understand the audience in a single forum, as well as to hear from your classmates about other audiences available for your term writing. To complete this assignment:
- Visit the page of architectural periodicals and examine a few of the periodicals listed.
- Select one periodicals to examine more in-depth. Note: Each source may be presented by only one person. Next, edit the Periodical page & change the periodical name style to “strikethrough”, and put your name in parentheses at the end of the line. Rebecca will demonstrate how to do this in class.
- Examine the periodicals in depth, reviewing at least two issues of the source, and reading at least two full articles (> 500 words) in each source.
- Prepare a short Pecha Kucha presentation (typically 20 slides, autoforwarded every 20 seconds, examples here, but for this assignment you will have only 6 slides, autoforwarded every 20 seconds) that answer the following questions, using evidence from the periodical to support your answers:
- What topics does the source cover?
- Who is the typical audience of the periodical?
- Are there different types of articles?
- What types of articles are in this source?
- What does a typical “issue” of the source look like? Online? Printed? Lengthy?
- How frequently is an issue produced?
- How many articles are in a single issue?
- What is the article length (words)? Is it typical for all articles, or does it vary?
- Is your interaction with the periodical a beautiful experience? If not, why not? If so, why?
- Pick at least two other students in the course, and combine your slides into a single presentation. Upload the presentation to ANGEL by the due date.
Evaluation of this assignment will be according to the Pecha Kucha Evaluation Rubric.
photo by David Kent