My impressions of Dark Souls 3

Dark souls is an extremely popular franchise known for it’s highly difficult gameplay.  However, despite it being extremely challenging, many people love to play these games. Because of this, I decided to give the latest game in the franchise, dark souls 3, a try. These are my opinions about the game so far:

Two hours of Dark Souls III gameplay

The first thing that struck me about the game was it’s unforgiving difficulty. This was expected as it is the main thing that the franchise is known for. However, what struck me that I enjoyed this aspect of the game more than I think I would. Every encounter with a hostile enemy required my full attention and analysis. This made a lot of the fights very enjoyable. There were also a lot of instances were I felt immense rage because of the game. However, I never blamed the game with being unfair as I knew that every death was my fault.

Dark Souls III Beginner's Guide: Tips and Tricks for Intimidated First-Timers | Digital Trends

The world design of the game with different and interesting locations to explore is another major strength. Each environment is beautifully designed and interconnected. This makes exploring the different areas of the game highly enjoyable. Hidden shortcuts, secret passages and chests feel very rewarding.

Dark Souls 3: 10 Regular Enemies That Feel Like Bosses

The enemies in the game are also extremely well designed. Their moves and abilities makes them formidable foes that demand your attention and reflexes. Each foe requires you to analyze them and adapt to them. Their designes are also amazing.

Dark Souls 3: Abyss Watchers Boss Fight (4K 60fps) - YouTube

The boss fights of the game is where it especially shines, Each boss is designed extremely well and are highly challenging.  They are undoubtedly the hardest part of the game. These bosses requires the player to analyze it over and over again and develop the perfect strategy to defeat it.

Dark Souls 3 Review (Xbox One) – GameSpew

In conclusion, so far, I loved playing this game. The game has several amazing features that makes it a joy to play: its high difficulty, great locations and well designed foes. I hope that my enjoyment of the game continues as I play it more as I loved playing it, so did many others. 

2 thoughts on “My impressions of Dark Souls 3”

1. I really liked this post!! The pictures always make it very engaging and interesting. You explained the game and it’s features very well showing your love for it!