Why I love Battlefield 1

Battlefield™ 1

Battlefield 1 is first person shooter game developed by the studio DICE and released in the year 2016.  It is set in the first world war and focuses on large scale warfare with many players playing at once in the same map. There are numerous reasons for why I love this game and I will explain them in this blog.

Review: Battlefield 1 | Video Game Hunter

The immersive setting of battlefield one is extremely well made.I think that this game manages to make the player feel as if they are in the great war. Setting, weapons and cosmetics all reflect the first world war which makes it a very riveting experience. The game being set in the first world war is also a major bonus for me as I find it to be a very intriguing topic. You can play as the central powers such as the Ottomans, Austria-Hungarians or the Germans or you can choose to play as the Allies such as the British or the French. Both sides were involved in the first world war and have uniforms according to those sides which makes the game even more immersive. For me personally, being able to play as the Ottomans was a huge bonus as I am Turkish.

Battlefield 1: Operations Gameplay (No Commentary) - YouTube

Moreover, the chaotic gameplay of battlefield one is another amazingly well made aspect of the game. Due to the large number of players, the matches often become very chaotic which makes it very entertaining. I also think that the vehicles and weapons are also very enjoyable despite being very old by todays standards. Driving a tank through a highly contested area is a very enjoyable experience.  Furthermore, the game encourages teamwork through the presence of different classes. For example, people who choose the medic class can heal others while the players who choose the infantry class can rush to capture enemy points. This makes the game much more tactical despite being chaotic which is a major strength.

Battlefield 1 Reviews, Pros and Cons | TechSpot

In addition, the maps in the game are also amazingly well designed. Not only are they very immersive, but they also play very well. They are designed in a way that both makes vehicles and normal weapons effective in different scenarios and none of them feel disadvantageous to a certain team. Also, the maps are huge which makes exploring them a fun activity.

Buy Battlefield™ 1 | Xbox

In conclusion, battlefield one is an excellent game that I love playing. It’s immersivity, world war one setting, chaotic gameplay and well designed maps makes it one of the best first person shooters that I have played.

2 thoughts on “Why I love Battlefield 1”

1. This post was really interesting!! I like how you acknowledged the teamwork element showing how the game encourages more thinking.