RCL 3

Evaluation of our delibaration.

I believe our deliberation went well overall. Although I was nervous, and we had no prior experience with deliberation, I believe that we did a good job.

What went well:

I believe that each of our approaches were well made and explained in the videos. Each approach was creative and unique that differentiated it from the other approaches. This made discussion more interesting and effective. The videos that we prepared were also short and concise that easily explained them to the audience which was another bonus in my opinion. The issue we deliberated was also relevant to penn state students which made discussion evenĀ  more engaging for the participants.

What could be improved upon:

I believe that we could improve our videos. For my video specifically, I only used 2 images which could be increased. Also, I could have gotten defensive for some approaches and possibly turned it into a debate rather than a deliberation which is a limitation. Moreover, for the discussion of each approach, the person who prepared the video spoke the most compared to the other group members which could be a disadvantage. In addition, during the beginning of the deliberation, the participation of the class members was a bit low which created a slow start. However, the participation of the class quickly increased as time went on. Also, the timing for the deliberation was poor. We spent extra time for the first part which gave us slightly less time to deliberate the 3 approaches.

In conclusion, I believe that the deliberation was overall a success. The approaches were well made and explained, the class members were engaged and interested, and every group member contributed. However, I believe that there is still plenty of room for improvement, especially when it comes to timing and communicating.