I have written a couple of popular press articles:
- Kimberly Cartier and I wrote an article for Nautilus about the Late Heavy Bombardment
- Kimberly Cartier and I wrote an article for the Atlantic about Tabby’s Star
- Kimberly Cartier and I wrote an article for the May 2017 issue of Scientific American about Tabby’s Star.
- I wrote a piece about exoplanets for the Centre Daily Times
- I wrote an entry in Always Never Yesterday magazine “Future Proof” about the extreme future of humanity that I think came out very well.
- I wrote an Op-Ed for Scientific American about why NASA should fund SETI.
I gave the Friedman Lecture on astronomy about Tabby’s Star, which is recorded here:
I gave a public lecture on Exoplanets with General Relativity here:
I appeared on Weekly Space Hangout at Universe Today:
I presented our work on SETI at Discovery U here on Penn State campus. It’s a “TED-style” talk:
Here is a Google Hangout about our WISE Search for Kardashev civilizations with Franck Marchis and Jill Tarter of the SETI Institute, collaborator Matt Povich, and Freeman Dyson:
Here is a full-length description of the project I gave at the SETI Institute itself:
I did an episode of Cool Worlds for David Kipping here:
Here is a panel I was on featuring Adam Frank, Ira Flatow, Lousia Preston, and Stephen Gardiner on whether we are alone:
Here is a live chat from our Green Bank Observatory live chat prior to our radio observations
And a later talk I did during Tabby’s Star’s 20 May 2017 dip:
Here is a talk I gave at the University of Nebraska Lincoln a while back for a science teacher conference about exoplanet detection:
My talk on imposter syndrome:
Here is my summary of the 20 years of exoplanets at Lick and Keck observatory (with bonus McDonald Observatory science):
I have also appeared on:
- Science Friday on NPR
- A segment on NPR’s To the Point
- An episode of Radio Open Source with Christopher Lydon
- the podcast “Behind the Science”, episode 146.
- a podcast of a radio interview I did about Ruprecht 147 for Voice of Russia, based in Washington, DC.
- I’ve appeared on “Kingkade & Breakenridge” News Talk radio in Calgary a couple of times to discuss Tabby’s Star. Here’s a clip of me with Bradley Shaeffer.
- A podcast at McGill University, wherein I talk about mostly exoplanets, with a bit of SETI at the end: http://www.astro.physics.mcgill.ca/Podcasts/AstroMcGillPodcast64.mp3
- I’m interviewed on this segment from RT about NEID. My bit is about 3:00 in.