I have written a couple of popular press articles:
- Kimberly Cartier and I wrote an article for Nautilus about the Late Heavy Bombardment
- Kimberly Cartier and I wrote an article for the Atlantic about Tabby’s Star
- Kimberly Cartier and I wrote an article for the May 2017 issue of Scientific American about Tabby’s Star.
- I wrote a piece about exoplanets for the Centre Daily Times
- I wrote an entry in the Always Never Yesterday magazine “Future Proof” about the extreme future of humanity that I think came out very well.
- I wrote an Op-Ed for Scientific American about why NASA should fund SETI.
- I wrote a piece for The Conversation about the Voyager golden records.
- I wrote a piece for Ask the Ethicist about the ethics of METI
- Nautilus edited and published one of my blog posts about the Fermi Paradox.
I appeared on Weekly Space Hangout at Universe Today:
and here is my Carnegie DTM talk about precise radial velocities:
My talk on imposter syndrome:
I have also appeared on:
- Science Friday on NPR
- A segment on NPR’s To the Point
- An episode of Radio Open Source with Christopher Lydon
- the podcast “Behind the Science”, episode 146.
- a podcast of a radio interview I did about Ruprecht 147 for Voice of Russia, based in Washington, DC.
- I’ve appeared on “Kingkade & Breakenridge” News Talk radio in Calgary a couple of times to discuss Tabby’s Star. Here’s a clip of me with Bradley Shaeffer.
- A podcast at McGill University, wherein I talk about mostly exoplanets, with a bit of SETI at the end: http://www.astro.physics.mcgill.ca/Podcasts/AstroMcGillPodcast64.mp3
- I’m interviewed on this segment from RT about NEID. My bit is about 3:00 in.
- I was interviewed on Podward State. Teaser here at 37:00.
- I appear in this documentary (around 47:00) about Astronomy & Astrophysics and academia’s “publish or perish” culture:
- Seth Shostak interviewed me about life in the universe for Facebook Live:
- I also did an AMA about it all here.
I was interviewed for the BBC Sky at Night about NEID: