TOMS “One for One” (Rhetorical Analysis Outline)

toms-copy1 cn_image_0.size.tomsonemillion

What if you could buy an article of clothing for yourself and help out a child in need all at once? For anyone that has ever bought a pair of TOMS knows that this is possible. When purchasing TOMS consumers don’t only feel excited about their new shoes, but they can gain satisfaction in knowing that they provided a pair of shoes for a less fortunate child. This is the marketing strategy that TOMS has created which has led to their success. In my essay I am going to analyze the different ways that the company “TOMS” targets consumers to invest in their products, through advertisements such as: commercials, pictures, and stories. “One for One” is the main campaign that the company focuses on to get consumers to buy their product. For every shoe that is purchased by a consumer, TOMS works with their partner giving company to distribute the same amount of shoes to children in need of them all around the world. Their company slogan is: “We’re in business to help change lives.” As of right now TOMS gives shoes to the less fortunate in over 50 different countries, including the United States.

I will look at various commercials, pictures, and marketing techniques that TOMS utilizes in their company. One commercial I want to focus on in my paper is “toms one for one helping American children in need”. I think this commercial really hits home for a lot of viewers (in the United States) watching because we see that there are children living in our own home country that are terribly in need of help. The commercial is very sentimental; after viewing it you feel right at that moment that you want to get out there and help. That is exactly what TOMS is going for; not only can you help yourself with a new purchase, but you’ll be providing for an unfortunate child in your home country. Here is a look at the main commercial I will be analyzing…

TOMS helping children in the United States (link to the commercial)

“One for One…One for ALL”