The Major Arcana: Strength, The Hermit, Justice, and the Wheel of Fortune

The Strength Card in Tarot and How to Read It - Exemplore

The Strength card is one of the most graceful and beautiful cards in the deck in my opinion.

Strength represents the ability to overcome through calm patience, persistence, and confidence in oneself.

Look to your instincts and natural reactions to guide you through whatever lies ahead.

Strength represents a careful control over personal and environmental aspects.

This card is mostly positive but when reversed it could indicate self-doubt or an unhealthy reliance on external opinions.

Another possibility is that you have been listening to your instinctual reactions too much without any control/self-discipline.

Moving to the Hermit.

The Hermit- - Linestrider tarot | Linestrider tarot, Tarot decks, The ...

The Hermit card is what it sounds like: isolation.

The Hermit indicates that it is a time for introspection and self-care, which often means isolation.

The broad nature of this card particularly means that it is affected by others in the spread.

If the Five of Wands is in your spread with the Hermit, it could mean that you are isolating yourself by being overly confrontational.

Paired with the Lovers, look to spend alone time with your significant other.

When paired with the Star, you are on the right track and need to trust your path.

Can you find the balance between solitude and loneliness?

When reversed, the Hermit could be telling you that you really need to take time by yourself,

or that your time of solitude is over, and you need to move forward.

While the Hermit feels like a calm comfort, Justice is cold and to the point.

Tarot card “Justice”

This card acts quite literally Lady Justice.

When Justice appears in your readings, it means that there are decisions that need to be made.

This card urges you to look for truth and be a fair judge of a situation.

When thinking about this card as a the querent themselves or someone in the querent’s life,

this card represents a person who can see through any B.S. to true intentions.

Beware the brutal aspect of the truth.

When reversed, Justice indicates dishonesty or that things are not what they seem in your situation.

Is someone lying to you, or are you lying to yourself?

For a change of pace, next is the Wheel of Fortune.

X WHEEL OF FORTUNE in 2021 | Tarot cards art, Tarot art, Celestial art

There is a quote from a TV show that I used to watch that perfectly encompasses this card:

“Life can’t ever be all good or all bad. Eventually, things have to come back to the middle.

There’s a reason people say life is a rollercoaster, and this card tells you to just ride it.

Control what you can control, let go of what you can’t.

Which sometimes feels like a lot.

This card can speak to new beginnings or the cycles of life, but it also deals with luck.

When reversed, a possible interpretation is that your luck has run out, and things just aren’t going your way.

Maybe certain external forces are affecting your path.

This is certainly a card for externalities, but just remember,

everything passes, either enjoy it while it lasts or persevere until it gets better.

No one can resist time.

2 thoughts on “The Major Arcana: Strength, The Hermit, Justice, and the Wheel of Fortune

1. I love the artwork that you included for the cards in this post. They are each unique and expressive in their own way (though I realize they are probably from different decks that follow a theme). I find the Hermit card to be particularly interesting, for the word itself seems to have only negative connotations, but the meanings that you presented are a mixture of positive and negative. It is difficult for me to balance taking time for myself and not being social when I should be.

2. I love looking at the cards. I also think it’s interesting to look at the cards before reading your description to see if my interpretation matches the meaning of the card. I also love how cards can be used to motivate action. I found Lady Justice to be particularly interesting. I like how it reveals that something needs changes, but then it is up to the person to go through a period of self-reflection.