A Bookworm’s Book Recs (Week 1)

40+ Bookish Art ideas | book art, art, reading art

Welcome to a bookworm’s book recs! 

In this blog I will be discussing some of my favorite books and series and why you should read them. 

My taste in reading is usually within the fantasy and fiction genre, however, I have been known to enjoy an occasional realistic fiction/non-fiction read. 

When I was younger, I only would look for fantasy books that fueled my imagination and took me to more exciting places than where I was. 

As I got older, I started looking for different kinds of books. 

Books with attention to detail that looked to build an entire universe around the central story. 

A far cry from the loosely thought-out cliches that I used to read as a child (let’s be honest I still enjoy an old cliche).

I know what you’re thinking, “please don’t let this be a blog about series with fourteen books in them, all thicker than my arm.” 

I do not have the time, nor the willpower to read those kinds of series even when they come highly recommended. 

You’re looking at someone who took a year and a half to read the first “Lord of the Rings” book (I started the second one in August and I am currently on page ten). 

This blog is supposed to be palatable for everyone, no matter if you are a massive bookworm like me, or someone who reading isn’t really their thing.

Art Books Wallpapers - Wallpaper Cave

No matter what type of reader you are, there will most likely be something on here for you.

I’ve got books that you probably have never heard of, 

or classic books that you have always wanted to read but didn’t quite know if it was worth it. 

If I’ve read it, I’ll talk about it. 

So if you have any specific books that you think I might have read and want to know what I thought about it, post a comment asking. 

I’ll try to vary the type of books from post to post based on reading level, topic, etc. but feel free to ask me to switch it up in the comments as well. 

My favorite genre is fantasy like I said, 

But I did go through a romance phase at one point in time, and of course there were required books I had to read for English classes in the past. 

I’m really excited to start his new semester blog, and I hope you guys enjoy! 

30 Bookish Art Projects

3 thoughts on “A Bookworm’s Book Recs (Week 1)

1. What you said about books with attention to detail to build on a universe is such a good way to look at books; as a child, I had no imagination, and books that did what you said really got me invested in reading!

2. I am also an avid reader and I am so excited to see your book recs. I just finished a book called “A Touch of Darkness” if you have heard of it. Definitely a romance so I don’t know if you would like it , but it is a Hades & Persephone story (with 6 soon to be 7 books in the series). It was an easy read I finished in one day. Can’t wait to read more of your posts!

3. While I may not be as much as a avid reader that I used to be and the kind of books that I do prefer today may be from a different kind of genre (generally sci-fi and post apocalyptic) I can definitely agree that books that serve to build up the details of a story’s universe are amazing.