Simmering Down

imagesW33NA9L8

Earlier in the semester I blogged about the very heated European conflict between London and Scotland over their independence and separation from the United Kingdom.  Spit, sweat, and tweets were all fired from both sides when the final Scottish vote determined that Scotland would remain under the rule of the monarchy and apart of the United Kingdom.  Since September, such controversy has almost diminished.  It has completely diminished from the sites of social media, at least.  The Scottish are moving past the disappointment and are on the verge of satisfaction as London officials are in the process of complying with promises they made to Scotland after the vote.  In the end Scotland will be happily contempt with a few wishes granted, and London officials will be pleased to still have their support.  These two countries may appear in media when the proposals are made official, but for now #Indyref is no longer trending.

Read more about the Proposals by clicking the link.

imagesHIJQJSMM

3 thoughts on “Simmering Down

1. It’ll be interesting to see how the Scottish react to the new changes. I know they only received their own parliament within the last 20 years–I think that as they are given more independence they will eventually hold another referendum

2. It is a common thing in the circle of news because people ‘s focus shift quickly as another big news appear. The first piece of news i tracked also fade away soon…

3. This story had a similar decline to my own first RCL blog as it has virtually disappeared from the media. Its good to hear that the unrest has settled in Scotland.