The HUB-Robeson Center

hub

The HUB-Robeson Center 

It’s kind of shocking that I haven’t covered this study spot yet, as this is quite literally the hub of the entire campus, but honestly I don’t tend to go to the HUB very often, unless I am purchasing my achilles heel, Jamba Juice. The HUB is also not typically what I would consider an ideal study spot, as it is often pretty loud, and a very bright, bustling, busy space, but some people like spaces like that to study, so I definitely can’t leave a huge location like the HUB out of my study spot report. 

Now, obviously, there is an absolutely enormous amount of food in the HUB, so I will not be going into the hours of all the restaurants and food options available, but as for the HUB as a whole, the facility is open 24 hours a day, and features several different areas for study. Firstly, the food court area with the large, long, loud staircase, has many options for seating to study, but I would honestly say that this area is really only ideal for some lowkey group work, not intensive studying or projects, as this is by far the loudest space in the HUB. I will say, though I may be a bit of a Scrooge about the HUB as a study location, it is an excellent space to knock out a lot of homework, because the vibes with the background noise and fluorescent lighting are good to just chill and get some less-intensive work done. This area also features several printers, in black-and-white as well as color, which I have definitely used many a time, they are tucked away behind the previously mentioned large staircase. 

The areas of the HUB that I think would be more conducive to studying and more intensive homework would be the upstairs areas of the space, featuring the larger, cushier chairs like in this posts title picture. These chairs, though typically full, are actually pretty comfortable, and the upstairs area of the HUB has so many different spaces and offshoots that there are many chairs that you could sit down in and chill for however long someone needs in order to get a lot of work done. Most chairs also have a little side table, making it a great place when I need to set down my previously mentioned Jamba Juice (it is seriously an addiction). Now, the lighting in the HUB is very fluorescent, which can actually be somewhat productive, as it tends to remind me of a classroom, but it definitely doesn’t make for the coziest environment. Overall, the HUB is definitely a very dynamic space, and there is essentially an option that could work for everyone. 

3 thoughts on “The HUB-Robeson Center

1. I am also a Scrooge about the study location at the HUB. I personally cannot deal with all the background noise and the possibility of not even finding a seat when going into study. I acknowledge that some may have a different viewpoint on the HUB, but personally it is just not for me. I do however stop by to grab the occasional lunch due to all the options.

2. I actually really like the Hub as a study space. It is essentially a mall, but there are certain spaces that I feel could be made to work as a study space. There is also a lot of variety in food for breaks while studying. I also really like the chairs in the Hub as they are really really comfortable.

3. I honestly never thought of the HUB as a place to study, but after this I definitely think it is for the right type of work. I am also obsessed with Jamba juice, and so it is also the only reason I ever go to the HUB. I really enjoy following along with you as you explore places on campus, as then I can decide where is worth my study time and where like the HUB could be a fun place to hang out.