Image

Let’s go exploring: The Palmer Museum of Art

“Henry Wadsworth Longfellow” (1868) by Henry Dexter – Marble
This weeks exploration blog took me to the Palmer Museum of Art. This was my first time visiting the art museum on campus so I did not know what to expect. However, I am a fan of art museums and knowing that this one was free made me excited to visit. I got there at 10:00am, which is the time that the museum opens. It was surprising to me
“Fake Death Picture (The Death of Chatteron- Henry Wallis)” (2011) by Yinka Shonibare – digital chromogenic print
how big the museum was! It has two floors and hundreds of different art pieces and many different mediums. I was happy that I got there early because I got to see all of the art without too much interruption. I was shocked by all of the talent on display! It was great to see that Penn State believes in and invests in art!
I wanted to  pick a single piece of artwork and highlight it on my blog and give insight on who created it, why, and what I liked about it. However, I could not pick one! They were all visually appealing to me. What I did instead was pick a few of the pieces that I thought were really cool. 
I thoroughly enjoyed visiting the Palmer Museum of Art and I definitely recommend it to anyone who has not visited it!

“Picture of Carol Jean Moton” by Noah Addis – pigment inkjet print