Academic Offerings: The Minors

As of right now, my intended major is Education and Public Policy. I say right now because I initially came in to Penn State with the intention of majoring in Pre-K-4 Education. I feel that I made a good decision to major in Education and Public Policy because it is something I am really passionate about and I believe that I can make a great impact in my field. Recently, I have been thinking about minors. One minor option that I have really considered in Political Science. As an Education and Public Policy major, a minor in Poli-Sci is a great decision especially if you want to go down the political route of education.

I did not know that Penn State had a webpage devoted to the exploration of minors. After using MinorQuest I feel more informed about minors and I am aware of the steps I need to take in order to achieve that minor. The page has a minor planning checklist and an exploration page where you can find options on almost anything that you’re interested in.

What I learned about minoring in Political Science is that the minor consists of 18 credits. Classes that focus around American politics, international relations, comparative politics, and theory/methodology are necessary. The good thing about the minor is that there are over 100 classes that you can take for the minor. Classes such as Contemporary Politics and Ideologies (PL SC 007) are listed which sound extremely interesting. After completing this search I definitely feel as though I need to talk to my adviser and discuss the option of picking up a political science minor.

http://nk.psu.edu/Documents/News/PSLH_oneline_blue(1).jpg