Let’s Go Exploring: The Nittany Mall

If you ask anyone about the mall around here, they’ll tell you not to even step foot in it. While it is not the best of malls, I wouldn’t classify it as the worst, either. 

If you’re a freshman like me, you don’t have a car on campus. That means that you must rely on the unreliable CATA buses. Recently, I decided to take a trip to the Nittany Mall. I grabbed $1.75 and hopped on the M CATA bus, headed to Nittany Mall. When arriving at the Nittany Mall, you will notice that the mall has decent anchor stores. There’s a Macy’s, Bon-ton, JCPenny, and Sears. For a small mall, those are decent anchor stores. The store is also full of staples such as PacSun, Victoria’s Secret, and Charlotte Russe, a few of my favorite stores. There’s also really convenient places to eat there such as a local pizza place, local pretzel place, and Auntie Anne’s. Another cool thing about the location of the mall is that there are other really great places to go. Across the street from the mall there is a Wal-Mart, Sam’s Club, Ross, and Barnes & Noble. Moral of the story is this: don’t knock the Nittany Mall until you try it. It’s nothing special but it sure is a great place to go to get off of campus and find a few sales on the way. If you have a free weekend, definitely check it out!