>> UPDATE!! Award deadline extended until January 1st, 2019 <<
The AWG Brunton Award promotes the future of field mapping and data acquisition for the upcoming generation of women geoscientists. The award will go to a female geoscience student at the senior level or in her early graduate studies who has been a summer intern, excelled at field camp, or performed field data collection that leads to a senior or graduate thesis. The award is funded by Brunton.
- The award is an engraved Brunton transit.
- A one‐year membership is sponsored by AWG.
- Application Deadline: November 15th
- Performed field work an essential component of a senior thesis, summer internship, field camp, graduate thesis or other types of field projects
- Have future plans to continue in the geosciences, with fieldwork as an integral part of graduate degree or career.
- Promote the fundamental value and need for field‐based studies within the geoscience profession through project results, quality of work, and capabilities of applicant
- Cover letter
- Description of research project, internship, field camp experience, or summer field experience including a sample of work, which may include a report, map, photos, and/or model based on collected data (not to exceed 4 pages).
- Statement of future interests and career goals as related to field work and/or resume
- Letter of recommendation from the primary field mentor
The selection committee consists of AWG members with varied and significant field experience, who are committed to promoting field data acquisition methodologies among geoscience students – our future professional geoscientists.
Send application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note ‘Brunton Award’ in the subject line
Flyer attached below