Graduate School and Career Information
It is a common misconception that a major dictates your career options or that you must be in a specific major to pursue a particular career. Rarely is career planning so cut-and-dried. Instead, through self-reflection, insight, job shadowing, volunteering, and interning, you should work toward identifying careers that interest you, are aligned with your strengths, and match your values.
- Helpful Readings About Majors
- Penn State Career Services
- What Can I Do With This Major? (Public Health)
- Overview of Careers Related to BBH
- List of Career Possibilities and Suggested Preparation
- List of Careers Pursued by Penn State BBH Alumni
- Professional Skills to Pick Up on Your Own
- jobipedia.org (Q&A Database about resume-writing, internships, job search, etc.)
Many students in BBH are interested in a career in a health profession. The following resources should be helpful, but students must research admission requirements of specific programs to which they plan to apply and should plan their coursework accordingly.
If you are interested in med school, dental school, or physician assistant studies, please consider attending a Prehealth Advising Session offered through the Penn State Science Advising Center.
- Explore Health Careers
- Preparing for Careers in Public Health & Health Promotion (handout)
- Health Profession Course Prerequisite Matrix (handout)
- Medical and Dental School Application Guides
- Physician Assistant School
- Preparing for Nursing Programs (handout)
- Health Professions Advising
- Summer Health Professions Education Program
- Additional Pre-Health Resources