All students planning to submit a Beckman Scholars application must first submit an intent to apply by January 21st 2020
- Must be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States or it possessions.
- Applicants must have completed at least three semesters of coursework
- Applicants must have a cumulative grade point average above 3.5 on a 4.0 scale, as of Spring 2020.
Required applications materials
- A curriculum vitae
- An unofficial copy of student transcript from Lion Path
- A two page research proposal written by the applying student.
- A one page statement of goals written by the applying student.
- Two letters of recommendation provided by faculty members (emailed directly from faculty member to firstname.lastname@example.org).
- One of the two letters of recommendation must be provided by the proposed research mentor.
Applications will be reviewed based on the following criteria:
- Academic excellence, including courses taken and grade point average
- Research excellence, including importance and feasibility of the proposed research, and scholarship of the research proposal
- Support from the proposed Mentor
- Demonstration of potential for success in graduate or medical school and leadership in a scientific career.