The Digital Media Festival in 2017 was held March 30 and 31. This page is maintained for our archives.
Digital Media Festival #DIGITfest2017 (Facebook event page):
Digital humanists, media specialists, game developers, and other tech related liberal arts specialists gather with students, faculty, and community alike to address topics related to Digital Media. These presentations and panels will take place in the Reed Union Building, Metzgar Center, and the Yahn Planetarium. The event will be held March 30 and 31, 2017.
Digital Media Fest (2017) FAQs
What is this conference about?
This conference is a celebration of Digital Media research and creative achievements. While focused on technology implemented in the Humanities & Social Sciences, others have also been encouraged to participate. Speakers and performers will be local as well as from outside the area. Each session is approximately 45 minutes in length, while some are about an hour.
When is this?
The 2017 conference/festival will be on Thursday, March 30 and Friday, March 31. It will start at noon and end by 9:30 pm each night.
Where are you located?
- Penn State University, The Behrend College in Erie, Pennsylvania.
- Conference Sessions will be located in the Reed Student Center, Metzgar Admissions Office, Dobbins Special Event Room, and the Yahn Planetarium. There’s an interactive map above.
- A printed map will also be provided to participates at the Reed Student building sign in.
Does it cost anything to participate?
- This is a free event for everyone. Although, some subjects may not be appropriate for younger audiences.
How do I RSVP?
- Go to our Facebook page and check the button that says you are coming.
- Officially sign up through our eventbrite posting.
Can I come without a RSVP?
- Yes, but we’d still like you to go to our facebook page and Eventbrite posting. It helps us with figuring out how much coffee/tea and so forth to have on hand.
There’s a lot of stuff. Do I have to go to everything?
- Nah. Check out whatever interests you. Spend time exploring our campus on any downtime or get some grub at Bruno’s Cafe in the Reed Student Center.
Will there be food?
- There are several presentations that will have snacks, tea, and coffee. Those will be noted on the schedule. There is also a cafe in the Reed Student Building that you can purchase drink and food from at any time.
Who can I contact for more information?
- Heather Cole, Lecturer of Digital Arts, Penn State Behrend. firstname.lastname@example.org
How can I help next year?
- A special session will close the festival on Friday, March 31 at 8:30 p.m in 112 Reed. Come voice your opinion on what worked, didn’t work, and what you would like to see next year. Sign up to volunteer to organize DIGITfest2018.
Why isn’t the Blippar AR companion app working?
- If it is before March 30, then it is not public yet for viewing.
- On March 30… If it is not working, then stop by the help table outside of 112 REED and we will try to help.