What is this conference about?
This conference is a celebration of Digital Media research and creative achievements. While focused on technology implemented in the liberal arts, other disciplines are also encouraged to participate. Speakers and performers are local as well as from outside the area. Each session is approximately 45 minutes in length, while some are about an hour. Sessions may be a presentation of research, a capstone presentation, or a workshop.
When is it?
The 2019 conference/festival will be Monday, March 25 and Tuesday, March 26. It will start at 4:00 p.m. and ended at 10:00 p.m. both nights.
Where are you located?
- Penn State University, The Behrend College in Erie, Pennsylvania.
- Conference Sessions are located in the Reed Student Center and McGarvey Commons.
- A printed map is provided to participates at the Reed Student building sign in.
Does it cost anything to participate?
- This was a free event for everyone. Some sessions may not be appropriate for younger audiences. There will be a kids arcade this year though!
- Guests can sign in the day of at the main desk.
- We’d prefer an RSVP and will have the system up by the beginning of March through SCHED
Can I attend without a RSVP?
- Yes, but we would have preferred that you RSVP. It helps us with figuring out how much coffee/tea and so forth to have on hand.
There’s a lot of stuff. Do I have to go to everything?
- Nah. Check out whatever interests you. We’ll point out specific genres that might interest you. Spend downtime exploring our campus or get some grub at Bruno’s Cafe in the Reed Student Center.
Is there food?
- DIGIT fest is conveniently located next to Bruno’s cafe. There, you can place an order or get some coffee. We may have some tea, coffee, and cookies on hand for a snack.
Who can I contact for more information?
- DIGITfest student planning committee: email@example.com
- Heather Cole, Assistant Teaching Professor of Digital Arts, Penn State Behrend. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Allison Lourens, Digital Media Coordinator. email@example.com
- Kyler Raines, Event and Public Relations Coordinator. firstname.lastname@example.org
Who organizes and sponsors this event?
- The DIGITfest student planning committee is composed of students of our ARTSA, COMBA, and DIGIT majors
- DIGIT major advisers assist the planning committee in organizing the event.
- The on-campus “Game Development Club” as well as “Humanities United in Expression” are our 2019 club sponsors.
- The DIGIT major is an ongoing sponsor.
- The School of Humanities and Social Sciences is a 2019 sponsor.
- The Mary Behrend Cultural Fund is a 2019 sponsor.
Can my organization help sponsor this event?
- Yes, please contact the planning committee (email@example.com) or Heather Cole (firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss 2019 or 2020 sponsorship.
- Sponsors are listed in our brochure and online material.