Fraternity and Sorority Life at Penn State Behrend supports the social Greek-letter organizations in the areas of: (A) Academic Achievement, (B) Service and Philanthropy, (C) Programming and Campus Involvement, (D) Risk and Financial Management and (E) Brotherhood, Sisterhood and Community Development. Activities administered through this program are supported by the mission of Student Leadership and Involvement and provide students with educational opportunities beyond the classroom. Each activity is thoughtfully designed to support the personal and professional growth of students, alumni, and advisors, through their involvement in fraternity and sorority life.
From participating in this program, students will:
- Discover, uphold, and practice behaviors consistent with organizational and personal values
- Learn to be well-rounded, civically engaged and responsible global citizens
- Gain and enhance interpersonal and communication skills
- Develop personal leadership philosophies including an understanding on their strengths and how they can improve their skills
- Engage critically in decision-making processes related to finance, ethics, time management, etc.