Blog Topics Finalization and TIB speech outline.

Passion Blog Topic:

The Legends of Football

Through this series of passion blogs I want to explore the legacies of the superstars of the most popular sport on the planet, football (soccer). There are of course going to be names that everyone knows such as Mbappe, Ronaldo, and Messi, but there will also be names like Johan Cruyff and Michel Plantini that not as many people have heard of. Through these passion blogs an exploration into what soccer is and how it transformed because of these people will be looked into.

(Some Possible Sources 1, 2)

Civic Blog Topic:

How countries can addressing food insecurity through redistribution.

Through this series of civic blogs an understanding of what the current policies do to reduce food insecurity and food wastage will be looked into, while also exploring how waste food is distributed or what id done to it. Then policies will be suggested that will either suggest changing or adding already existing policies to help solve the two problems in one go.

Outline for TIB Speech:

Title: Understanding of Time

1. Introduction
    1. Attention getter:
      1. Fear of tests, exams, or any form of problem that requires a correct solution are all signs of atychiphobia, the fear of failure.
    2. Context:
      1. Coming to college I found out that I have atychiphobia, I didn’t always, but the roots of it go back to my childhood. To my dad, time is the most valuable currency and he would try really hard to make me and my brother understand that. As I grew I understood that he is indeed right, if used productively then time is the most valuable currency. 
    3. Thesis: 
      1. However, in the race of making myself productive, I lost my balance of life. I forgot that the value of time doesn’t just come from completing a task list, but by absorbing the most out of all aspects of life.
    4. Preview:
      1. I went through a conversion from my initial belief of respecting time by simply being productive, to then respecting time by balancing all aspects of life. 
  2. Body
    1. Initial Belief: 
      1. The reason I believed in being as productive as possible wasn’t just because of my dad telling me to do so, but because of the reasoning he provided behind it. I remember quite clearly during dinner time he asked my brother and I for the first time when we were in middle school: “what did you do in the past 24 hours?” Being little kids we just told him that we went to school, came home and did some homework, and then played games all day. Then he asked “what did you do that made you grow as a person today?” We had no understanding of what he was saying. He then assigned my brother and I a research project. He told me to research how a light bulb works? And asked my brother to research how a battery works? He did this every week. Of course we didn’t remember everything we learned as we proceeded, but we got better at learning how to learn. By the time high school ended I was quite solid on the idea of making my time as valuable as possible, but then college came in. 
    2. Revised belief
      1. In high school I always had someone telling me what to do, but in college I was lost. I didn’t know what I needed to do to feel accomplished? I remember the first week of classes when I was planning out my schedule. I was writing down what I am going to do, but for the first time I couldn’t get satisfied by anything I wrote. It felt like I was going to fall behind no matter what. I made my schedule super hectic that day and following it caused me to fall under pressure for the majority of the semester. I started falling behind, which is what I feared the most. 
      2. When the Thanksgiving break came I went to New York. While walking in New York I saw that everyone there was running as fast as they could, facing the pressure of trying to be successful. In the busy and hectic life of New York I could see myself. On the day of thanksgiving, I was able to meet up with some friends in New York and celebrate. I hadn’t felt so relieved in a long time. Sitting there with my friends and talking about the most random things got me to realize something. My dad never asked me “how many tasks did you complete today?”, but rather “what did you do that made you grow as a person today?” Though he did give me projects to make me grow, academics didn’t have to be the only way I could grow. 
  3. Conclusion:
    1. Summarize main points:
      1. Coming back from that trip I knew I wanted to respect time, but not by focusing on just one thing. For the first time I was fine with not only doing academics. This not only helped my mental health, but also made my grades better. I was taking breaks between my study sessions and doing things I love like going to the gym and rock climbing, allowing myself to grow in those aspects of life as well.
    2. Restate thesis:
      1. A balanced life helped me live a healthy and happy life.
    3. Memorable Conclusion:
      1. I am only a college student, but people that have jobs and have family to take care of suffer through this the most. In the fast pace of life I forget to hit the breaks and cool off to try something new. The turmoil of life is quite long, and I want to respect the time I have by exploring whatever I can.

One thought on “Blog Topics Finalization and TIB speech outline.”

1. Great blog ideas! I’m looking forward to reading them. Your outline also looks fantastic. Make sure to include an “I believe” statement to clarify your body paragraphs and the message to your audience. – VP