The Office Review

Hey everyone! Today I will be reviewing The Office, the beloved American mockumentary set in, you guessed it, an office, that has won four Primetime Emmy awards! I know that many of you have probably already seen the show, but in case there are a few straggles who have yet to watch it, I thought I would offer my two cents.

The Office, which was filmed on a single-camera set up in order to look like a real documentary, follows the lives of employees of the fictional Dunder Mifflin Paper Company in Scranton, PA. The employees of Dunder Mifflin are managed by the unconventional but loyal Michael Scott, who is a human resources nightmare (just ask HR employee Toby Flenderson). Other main characters include quiet secretary and aspiring artist Pam Beesely, intelligent prankster Jim Haplert, the quirky assistant manager Dwight Schrute, and many others.

Throughout the show, the Dunder Mifflin gang finds themselves in many outrageous situations that would no doubt get a regular person fired, whether that includes participating in an office Olympics or in workplace seminars that leaves the audience in disbelief (see Season 1 Episode 2). Some of the employees will often go head-to-head in workplace rivalries (Jim’s pranks against Dwight are a fan-favorite), but we always see at the end of the day that the characters care for each other and have each other’s back. At Dunder Mifflin, the mantra is all for one and one for all.

I first started watching The Office with my cousins a couple years ago and it instantly became a favorite within my family. There is no limit to the amount of times per day that a person can quote the show with how many hilarious moments there are; It is one of my favorite shows to watch when I’m feeling down because it always makes me laugh. Another reason I LOVE this show is the slow-burn romance between Pam and Jim, or as the fanbase calls them, PB&J. Maybe I am just a hopeless romantic, but this plotline was really the one that kept me hooked.

As for criticism of the show, I will say that the first season is a little painful to get through. However, I believe this is true of many TV shows and that the rest of the series really makes up for it. Some have also criticized the show for being insensitive to certain issues, but I think it is important for the audience to realize that it is meant to be satirical when watching. Overall, The Office is a great show to watch if you’re looking for some light-hearted laughs and don’t have a lot of free time on your hands (episodes are usually only around 20 minutes long).

That’s all for now!What Makes The Office So Rewatchable? | Den of Geek

4 thoughts on “The Office Review

1. I’m gonna be so honest, I am a Parks and Rec fan over The Office…. but honestly I’m lowkey not justified in that because I’ve only seen a couple episodes of The Office. Maybe I’ll swallow my pride and watch it finally, I could use a stupid funny show like that tbh.

2. I feel embarrassed to say that The Office is one show I could never really get into. The humor in it is just truly not funny to me. It’s one of those shows that I wish I could enjoy so that I can relate to my family and friends in that way.

3. Ahhhh, I love The Office! I binged all the seasons when I was like 11 sick on my couch. For sure the first season is the roughest to get through but its so worth it. Pam and Jim are literally my mom and dad like I was rooting for them so hard, they’re just so cute. The Office is such a great watch you did a great job describing it!

4. A LOT of people I know absolutely eat up the office but I just couldn’t get into it. A show with 9 seasons is really intimidating especially for a college student who has other stuff to do. Maybe over a summer or winter break I’ll get into it.