Brigette's Blog

4

A Picture Perfect Halloween

Halloween is one week away. Whether you plan to spend the holiday weekend with a small group of friends or at some Halloween party, you will most likely need a costume.

Dressing up is what makes this holiday so great, however we all know that thinking up costume ideas and shopping for items to bring those ideas to life can easily be pushed to the back of the mind of the busy college student.

With Halloweekend (the first of two) approaching, you may have found yourself pinched for time. Well no worries! Here are some quick DIY costumes inspired by some of my favorite movies that can be thrown together with very little effort:

• The Sandlot: The characters from this classic childhood movie are easy to emulate in costume. You can wear a pair of jeans, a white T-shirt, a flannel or baseball jersey, and a baseball cap. If you really want your costume to be recognizable wear converse and carry around a baseball bat.

movieposter

• Monster’s Inc: I think one of the most memorable scenes from Monster’s Inc is the scene where the whole scream factory erupts because a monster brought a child’s sock in from one of the portals. The monster in this scene was orange and yellow striped, however any bright colored oversized T-shirt or dress will do. The only thing you need to do is tape a white sock to your back and you’ll be pulling a code 2319 yourself.

images

• The Seven Dwarves: This is a super easy group costume. Each dwarf is recognized by a single bright color. If each person in the group wears their specific color, the costume should be recognizable. You can dress up to look like a dwarf as much or as little as you would like. A thick belt, a triangular shaped hat, or a white beard will up the group’s look.

imgres

• The Purge: The only item you may want to purchase for this costume is one of the signature purge masks. Once you have your mask you can wear anything from your closet! The great thing about this move is that many of the purgers go out in regular, day to day clothes. You can wear something as simple as your favorite hoodie to dress as a street purger, or you can wear a suit or nice dress to go as one of the purgers from the movie’s wealthy communities. (Considering the upcoming election, maybe you want to draw some inspiration from The Purge: Election Year)

635806444023657232942209924_ar-141009725

images-1

Happy Halloween!

Brigette Cannata • October 25, 2016

Previous Post

Next Post

Comments

1. Shelby Tencza October 25, 2016 - 7:00 pm

These are such great tips! I always wait last minute for costume ideas so, I really loved reading this!

2. Irene Fishman October 25, 2016 - 10:08 pm

This is such a good idea for a blog topic. I’m pretty sure that I have decided on what I want to be however Halloween really snuck up on us this year and this is going to be super useful to many!

3. Maddie Shields October 26, 2016 - 3:29 am

Halloween is one of my favorite holidays and I thoroughly enjoyed your tips and ideas (especially since it’s basically here and I am costumeless)!!

4. Brandon Tubby October 26, 2016 - 4:26 am

I love the Purge costume idea. With the clown phenomena and the current election season, it is such a clever idea.