The Power of Hunter Hayes

I apologize in advance for embracing my former Catholic-Campus-Ministry-Liturgy-Executive self, but often times little things in life apply to personal religious values.

This week was really stressful; I’m not going to lie. I had two exams on Wednesday – one in ECON 102, which isn’t too bad because Dave Brown is awesome, and one in MATH 230. Based on the grade I got on my previous exam, I can’t even begin to describe how nervous I was for that math exam. I was pretty much doing triple integrals for at least three hours a day for the past week. My roommate thought I was going insane (which I probably was). On top of that, my little cousins visited me this past weekend. Not that I don’t love them – they’re the cutest three gingers you’ll ever meet – but with two major exams and a bunch of projects due, the situation wasn’t ideal.

As I made my way to math, my heart rate literally tripled. I was listening to my iPod on the way to Forum and chose to listen to the “Country & Folk” playlist. Hunter Hayes (the perfect boyfriend) came on, singing “Faith to Fall Back On.” The chorus in particular stuck out to me: “When the answers that you know just prove you wrong” – A.K.A. the math problems I got wrong – “Gotta have a little faith to fall back on / And when all that you’ve got left is being strong / Gotta find a little faith to fall back on.” I actually listened to the words, and they calmed me down. I realized that even if I did horribly on my test, it wouldn’t be the end of the world. The most important thing is that I use the faith I’ve grown up with as a support system whenever I’m having trouble with something. No matter what, I’ll have “faith to fall back on.”

This entry was posted in Passion and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.