RCL Post #4: Current News

daviononly

Davion Only, a 15 year old orphan, has had a history of anger issues and problems in school.  This past summer, he found out that his mother he had never known had passed away in jail.  He realized then that his mother would never be able to come get him, and that he would need to clean up his act for someone else to adopt him.  After spending the summer getting himself together, he took a leap of faith this weekend when he attended church with a special message for the rest of the people there.

He arrived in an oversized suit that had been donated to him with his caretaker, Connie Going.  Davion had decided to go to church that day, because he decided that it was time for him to find a family who would take him in and make him belong.  He had asked the pastor of the church earlier if he could speak at the end of the sermon.  He said (about his future family) “I know they’re out there… maybe if someone hears my story.”  At the end of the pastor’s sermon, he invite Davion up to the front of the church.  Davion cleared his throat, and said, “My name is Davion and I’ve been in foster care since I was born … I know God hasn’t given up on me. So I’m not giving up either.”

Davion’s story is one of amazing faith and bravery.  I wish only the best for him in his search for a loving family.

http://www.redding.com/news/2013/oct/16/orphan-goes-church-and-asks-someone-anyone-adopt-h/

http://www.coloradonewsday.com/national/22857-orphan-davion-only-goes-to-church-and-asks-someone-to-adopt-him.html

This entry was posted in RCL. Bookmark the permalink.

4 Responses to RCL Post #4: Current News

1. Caitlyn Grotz says:

This is awesome! It’s the stories like these that give me hope for the human race. With such good intentions like his, he’ll be sure to get adopted in no time! It would be awesome if you looked in on this story later down the road to see where Davion is going!

2. Julia Collins says:

Wow this is really interesting!
    I would’ve never known that this happened and I’m very proud of him too! He’s being very brave and it’s a very intelligent decision that he’s made about cleaning up his act. I’m sorry to hear about his mom, that’s super sad but he’s making very good decisions and he seems to be on the road to making his a better life.

3. Kindra O'Connor says:

This is actually really incredible. I know that it is hard sometimes to be confident in your faith, and it is awesome that Davion is still faithful after all he has been through. It is always simpler to take the easy way out and give up on your faith. The fact that he is so young with strong faith is very respectable to me. Good choice, again.

4. Alec Raymond says:

I saw this article online myself. This is really moving. I really hope he finds a family. You should keep updated on this to see if he finds one.