Do the Gallon Challenge

milk

For those of you who don’t know, the gallon challenge is a showdown between a gallon of milk and a single person.  The goal is to drink the entire gallon of milk in under an hour without throwing up.  I’ve always thought this would be hilarious to try, but I could never get my friends at home to want to do it with me.  If any of you have done the gallon challenge before, please let me know, because thats hilarious.

Anyway, believe it or not, I’ve been able to find a post-worthy underlying meaning behind this challenge.  Even though the challenge is quite stupid and senseless, it’s always been something that I have thought would be fun to try.  My point is, stop thinking about how different things in life would be fun to do, and go out and do them!  You may be thinking, “but Evan, you’ve never done the gallon challenge.”  Well my friends, for the credibility of my blog, I’ll do it this week and include evidence in next weeks post.  Scout’s honor.

Back to the meaning of the post, I know I can’t be the only one who has those things that you’ve always wanted to do in the back of your head, but never did.  I mean, if those things are going to harm someone else, harm you, or get you in serious trouble, then sure, definitely don’t do those things.  But if they’re just stupid, funny, or awesome things you’ve always wanted to do, but never taken the initiative to, stop waiting!  Get out there and do it!

I’ll leave you with my favorite quote from the Sandlot:

“Run around, scrape your knees, get dirty.

Climb trees, hop fences.

Get into trouble, for crying out loud.

Not too much, but some. You have my permission.”

I trust you all are mature enough to take this the right way, and not as a suggestion to do something seriously harmful or extremely illegal, because thats just dumb.

This entry was posted in Before I Die. Bookmark the permalink.

5 Responses to Do the Gallon Challenge

1. Caitlyn Grotz says:

This sounds really cool and believe it or not, I kind of want to try it! I tried to do the saltine challenge over the weekend and it just didn’t work… not at all. The challenges always seem so easy until you are put to the test. Let me know when you are going to do it! I’ll support you haha. 🙂

2. Alex Schilken says:

Haha, I can’t wait to hear how this actually goes! Having a full hour to drink a gallon of milk doesn’t sound so hard, especially for someone like me who could drink two or three glasses of milk in one sitting. BUT it obviously has to be much much harder than I think it would be, or else why would it get such a cool name?? Good luck! I’ll be checking back next week to see how you did!

3. Kindra O'Connor says:

It’s awesome that you want to do the gallon challenge! Personally, I have no desire to try it, but I love the fact that you’re willingly going to try this. I agree with your reasoning 100 percent though; instead of keeping a list of the crazy things you want to try, get out there and do them! Don’t expect a comment from me next week though, because I think I’m too scared to see your evidence. I get grossed out pretty easily. Hahahahahaha okay anyway, good luck with your challenge this week, and awesome post!

4. James Frazier says:

This sounds like it could be very painfully hahah. Definitely something I would not do, however, I hope you have fun doing it. Don’t vomit in the laundry room.

5. Julia Collins says:

Haha this is funny that you actually want to do this, but you do tend to drink large jugs of juice and stuff all the time so I’m sure it won’t be a problem. This is very cool but I’ve watched a couple people do it before and it just does not work out whatsoever
    Well have fun!