Blog 5 Reflection

Mahdiyyah Wilson

Blog 5 Reflection

I have never had a class that I feel like has prepared me for my future more than this one. Comm 465 gave me an insight to the media’s eye. Most of my classes usually consisted of general education classes, or picking a class for an easy A. From video editing, voice recording, working the camera, and being behind the camera I had my difficulties with just about everything back in August. Over the weeks in this class I not only got comfortable with the camera but comfortable with myself.

Having never worked with the software editing program before I felt overwhelmed by the different effects. Yet the presentations in class really helped me especially watch samples of other students work. Working with partners really helped me wit the editing as well. We all helped each other figure things out and contribute what each of us knew. Eventually I got a hang of adobe and was constantly editing video.

Writing has always been my strong point and this class helped me develop a the skill of writing scripts. I’ll admit it is a bit tricky and you have to make sure your sentences are logical and easy to read. I defiantly struggled with that problem at first as I tried to put so much into the story. Yet, I learned what to include and what to leave out. The interviews painted a picture for me so the scripts were easy flowing for content.

Being in front of the camera really intimidated me at first. I have always been pretty shy and luckily this class has helped me get out my comfort zone and go for things when the opportunity is in reach. In my raw stand up footage theres plenty of bloopers of me nervously talking to fast, forgetting words and avoiding eye contact with the camera. But after shaking out my jitters and a few trial and errors, my confidence pushed through and my stand up was nailed by the last clip. Once I convinced myself I had the script down packed I did.

This class has to taught me a world of new things that will help me pursue my career. Coming into this class I felt overwhelmed by all the different things we learned and had to piece together. My three most important skills thatI acquired in this class were shooting and using the camera, video editing, news reporting skills. Once I obtained these skills and eventually got comfortable behind and in front of the camera

The skills I gained in this class are going to have me set for my future News Video producer job. I am very grateful that I could have this class and its hands on experience. It’s the best class I have had this semester , the one I get the most out of that will benefit me in my field. I was concerned things I would go in clueless completely

Overall each struggle that I had in this class I overcame coming out of 465 like a pro. This class will always be accredited to success in my future because this is were it all started.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.